Sunday, November 14, 2010

OCD The Truth


Do you suffer with inappropriate thoughts, do you feel compelled to carry out rituals, do you experience thoughts of an aggressive, morbid or sexual nature.  If you do, you are probably experiencing OCD or Pure O. 
Obsessive thinking is perfectly normal. Does that shock you?  In the anxiety reaction, obsessive thinking is a vital element of our self defense mechanism. As soon as the flight or fight mechanism is activated, your mind becomes very focused on your physical environment in order to carry out a 'risk assessment' in order to understand what it is that you need to fight or flee from.

Your mind uses your senses to analyze everything that could present a threat; it does this by posing a series of 'what if thoughts'.
  • What if I drag the person from the burning car?
  • What if I fight the tiger?
  • What if I jump off the building?
Do you see how these are appropriate lines of questioning? But in anxiety conditions, because no real threat is present, the questioning focuses on other things in your environment as your mind searches for 'blame and cause'.

So the 'what if' questions ask...

What if I do xxxxx to my husband?
What if I don't wash my hands X times?
What if I don't check xX?
What if I kill X?
What if I do X to my children?
What if I am X (gay, a murderer, psychotic, etc)
What if I do X with that knife?

Do you see how this works?

So, driven by your high anxiety, these what if thought processes throw up 'risk assessment' questions that are inappropriate to the truth but appropriate to your anxiety.  Of course, you then become concerned by the thoughts, this sends your anxiety level up to a higher level and the thoughts get worse.  This cycle of anxiety causing symptoms causing anxiety is hard to break unless you know how.

We have helped over 125,000 people from around the world to permanently eliminate their high anxiety, OCD and phobias and know exactly what to say and do to help you to do the same.  My OCD focused on food and thoughts of a sexual and aggressive nature, but, in less than one week, they were gone when I put in place the techniques contained within my Linden Method program.

You can and will be anxiety free, that I assure you wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment